Saturday, June 6, 2015

8 Week TIU Bikini Series Results Are In!

Well, the results are in from the 8 week bikini series that I joined from Tone It Up

I've blogged about the journey in this series {HERE} and {HERE}.

Before I get to the visual results (pictures of my progress!), I want to share with you some NON-scale victories. Well, actually, I don't have scale numbers for you anyway. I just go by how my clothes are fitting and my measurements. And not only can I fit into my clothes again, but they are lose! Like, when you pull your jeans out of the dryer and you spend 30 minutes stretching them out to get them comfortable?? Yeah... when I pull my jeans out of the dryer, they already fit! And then later, they are too big. I love that! Except that means I need new jeans. oh darn - must go shopping!

For one thing... my eating habits.

They have changed SO much! I am a carb-o-holic! I am one of those people that would have pasta for dinner and bread, cereal for breakfast, maybe some rice or a sandwich for lunch... chips (Tortilla chips) for snacks... I LOVE me some carbs! Well, since this Nutrition plan told me what to eat, I ate what it told me to. And guess what rarely appeared in the plan??

Carbs.

Yep. And guess what?  I didn't even realize it until like week 7!  Seriously.

The other day, I was making one of my favorite TIU meals, and I noticed something... most of my meals look like this now....


LOTS of green!


This is one of the few times that carbs make an appearance... the Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos. I love this recipe - I could eat it every week.



If you know me, then you know that I've always worked out. But during this 8 week series, I really made every effort to workout every day. 


Pbviously there are just some days that don't work out that way, but I have just made it part of my schedule and it's just an automatic thing!  During the school year I workout after the kids go to bed, somewhere around 7:30 or 8:00 at night.  During the summer, I get to go back to bootcamp, which means 5:30 in the morning booty calls!

And I have also started getting back into running! I ran my first 10K on Mother's Day.... then I realized that was my new goal, so one day when I went for my run, I decided to do my route again and I ran a whole 10K without stopping!! Must be all those Chia seeds helping with my endurance - ha!



Since I've gone done some inches, it was time for updated workout clothes!


So I went shopping for a few things. Plus, I realized I needed some compression pants for long distance running... figured that out the hard way. Holy chaffing!



So it's the end of the 8 week series... and here are the PICTURE results!

This was me in February... No, it wasn't the start of the 8 week series, but it was close enough. And not much had changed since these pictures anyway.



And HERE are my after pictures!


I still have a lot of work to do, but I am way happier with this body than the other one!  I can fit into my clothes again... I can run 6 miles without stopping! My eating habits are healthier and when I crave the sweets, I know how to do it without going overboard. I can go to the beach and walk around in my bikini and feel good about it! 

I can't wait to start the next series - I'm ready to get Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous!




5 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! Go Jen, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration!!! Seriously!!! Amazing! :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a TIU girl too!! I would love to follow you on Instagram. My Instagram account is @chasitymerrell. Your results are amazing!! Great job. I just hope I can keep it up once school starts back!

    ReplyDelete