Wednesday, June 3, 2015

When I Grow Up


It's Wednesday. I know. But, yesterday was my first day of summer so I didn't do Show and Tell Tuesdays. Oops. Sorry!

So I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday on Wednesday! Show and Tell Wednesday :)

So this one is what we wanted to be when we grew up.

I've only ever wanted to be two things.

One was a detective.  Yep.

I used to watch Murder She Wrote while others were watching Real House of...(you fill in the city)


I have also been watching L & O shows since I was a toddler I think. haha. Not really, but for a long time!

This one was my favorite cast - still is even though most of them are gone now.


BUT, I realized I was going have to be a "cop" first and I didn't want to be a cop - I wanted to go straight to being a detective. 

So that was out.

And then I decided that I wanted to be a teacher.

It was because of my 3rd grade teacher - Miss Driscoll. I wish I could find her and tell her.

But I also had an awesome American History teacher and English teacher in high school. They really made an impression.

So that's what I set off to be!


Where else do you get to be in control of every one and every thing but still have tons of fun!? haha!  My mom says that teaching is the best job for me because I get to be the boss of people and have a creative outlet. It's true. I'm not going to deny it.

I just finished up my 12th year of teaching. How crazy is that!? 

I still love it. To this day.  

It's one of those jobs that if you had a bad day, when you come in the next day it's going to be different! And in 1st or 2nd grade (which have been my most recent grades) the kids really do love being there. And their joy for learning and having fun makes me want to keep teaching!

PLUS we get the summers off! Well... not really, but we don't answer to an alarm clock during the summer at least!  


We might get slightly excited for summer vacation! ha!

I have a teacher blog, too, if you want to follow my journey over there!


Teacher by the Beach


And my most important job of course...


Mommy.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would have three girls, but I do. And I love them. They drive me crazy, they make me laugh, they make my OCD come down a few notches - eh...who am I kidding? My OCD can't even exist anymore!  


So that's what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Here's what she's doing for the rest of the Tuesdays in case you wanted to join!





No comments:

Post a Comment