Saturday, July 19, 2014

Summer Road Trip Day 5

Day 5 was a late start. We were ALL exhausted. Even Brooklynn slept in until 7:30! That, my friends, is an event to mark on the calendar! 

We weren't really sure what we were going to do this day. Yes, I'm a planner, but only as far as making a list of things we could do while we were at our destinations. I don't really like to plan by the minute activities. Cape May was on our list of things to do and yesterday seemed like a good day for it!


But first, a little stop to get some breakfast...you can't deny a pregnant woman and two kids food to start the day, right? So we wandered around aimlessly, because let's face it, up here in Jersey, that's an easy thing to do!  We finally ended up in downtown Bradley Beach, which is a pretty town. We found a cafe and a parking spot...a spot you don't have to pay for!! woop, woop! The cafe we ate at was a cute little quaint restaurant called The Buttered Biscuit.





The food was pretty good, but once again, we were paying for it...more than what I wanted. I think maybe we'll be having Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast from now on! haha! And no... no donuts for us. I actually just posted a pictured of me on my IG with some DD coffee in hand. I will say that I've never had DD coffee before - I know, I'm weird, until this trip.  It's really good! I actually kind of want it in the mornings now...weird? Maybe. I don't know. 

Then we got into the car and headed for Cape May.

I don't really know what I was expecting. I was envisioning something completely different. 

But let me tell you. I L-O-V-E-D Cape May!! I was so beautiful!! 

My "plan" is to buy a house there and rent it out for vacationers. THEN, in a few years, we can start going up to Cape May for like a week at a time to vacation there.  Seriously. It could work.  I just have to find the money to buy said-vacation home to rent out!

But seriously, it was SO beautiful. It had harbors and a gorgeous beach (that you had to pay for, of course), beautiful beach houses, a cute downtown, and old Victorian houses. It reminded me of a much smaller St. Augustine. But up here, you are in New England area, which I love because there is an endless amount of things to do up here.  

Anyway, I couldn't take pictures of everything we saw, since we didn't get to fully explore it...but that's ok, we'll be back (wink, wink!)









My new favorite family photo. If only Brooklynn was smiling. 




This is where we had "lunch" at. It was around 3:00, so it was more like appetizers, but I had a brie and raspberry crostini that I now must make when I get home! yum!


Then we headed over to Wildwoods.

Apparently, a lot of my friends who are from Jersey have a very vivid and wonderful childhood memories of this place. I can totally see how this would be heaven for kids! Our girls were just a little too young for most of the things to do here, and I was not prepared for all that this place has to offer (like water parks!!), but they still had fun!

AND, as an adult, I could see here all day and just people watch! I've never seen so many different characters! It was pretty awesome to watch.  Do any of you follow Humans of New York on Facebook?? They take pictures of people around the city and post them on their page and then add a quote from that person. I think Wildwoods would be an awesome place for that!


Not only is there a long boardwalk filled with shops and food stores and games and anything and everything, but then there are countless piers with games and rides...and waterparks!


The girls were too small/young for a lot of the rides, and I didn't have suits for the water part (and I think they were too young anyway), but they got play some games and Autumn got to ride a ride.








Let's just say that after a long day of fun in the sun, the girls were ready to pass out for the ride back to the hotel.

Just the way I like it!


#rossvacaysummer2014

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a neat place to visit. . You seem to be having a great time. enjoy your kids while they are little.my baby just turned 18.while you're in Jersey keep an eye out for Jon my second husband lol

    ReplyDelete