Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Momma's Banana Bread

Today's recipe is one that's a household favorite! My momma gave me this recipe. I don't know where she got it, but it always turns out so fabulous!! And we always have "mushy" bananas lying around... those bananas that just don't get eaten in time.


Ingredients
1 3/4  cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 medium bananas, mashed
1/3 cup of butter, softened
2 Tbls milk
2 eggs


Mix together 1 cup of the flour and the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  

(Sometimes I even add in some "shakes" of pumpkin pie spice! It's a great spice; it has so many different flavors!)

Add in the bananas, butter, and milk. Mix on low speed until mixed together, then on high speed for 2 minutes.  
Add the eggs and the rest of the flour. Beat until blended. 
At this time you can stir in walnuts or chocolate chips.  My husband hates nuts in "deserts" so I can't add in the walnuts. But I do love them in the bread!



Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350ยบ for 55-60 minutes
.
Let cool before slicing. Eat with butter or eat it plain!



Click HERE to get the printer-friendly version.

No comments:

Post a Comment