Friday, July 11, 2014

Monster To-Do List

The other day, I told you that we FINALLY decided to stay in this house. {check out the post HERE} I told you that I had a TON of stuff I wanted to do to the house, but I never did any of it because we were never sure if were staying or going. Well, now that I know we're staying, I finally put all the "big" projects down on paper so I could actually "see" what I wanted to do.  I'm such a visual person, and I really like when get to physically CROSS OFF on that list.  This is what works for me, so I stick with it.


There are a lot of MAJOR projects on that list. A lot of them I have to wait until my parents move back so my dad, the builder, can help with them (like the patio, fence, shed, kitchen, bathroom, and floors!)

First up, the pool, of course, but since we're not starting that right now I'll probably go ahead and start working on the office and girls' room. I am SO picky about furniture, that I know it's going to take me FOREVER to figure it out. Especially since the office is pretty much decor'd with Ron's antique fire fighter "stuff." I mean, it's pretty cool, but how do you incorporate that into an antique, beach shabby chic feel?? 

Looks like I'm going to be a pinning FOOL!

1 comment:

  1. Here's what I could tackle on your list: microwave. If it was a countertop model and not built in. Good luck with that list!!

    My retired neighbor gave me my first lesson in how to operate a push mower today. When I phoned his wife to say I made black raspberry muffins for him (she is on a GF diet so no flour in their house) she apologized if he was gruff. Since I nearly killed myself (steepish ditch), I didn't even notice if he was!

    Wonder if I can hire someone to do that part for me?

    ReplyDelete