Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Staying Motivated!

Being on the road for 2 weeks, eating out almost EVERY meal, and not having time to exercise can really take a toll on one's body. As fun as it was traveling, I am a creature of habit and routine. (I'm still not done blogging about our trip, but you can check out what I have so far HERE)

So the first day back, I decided to get RIGHT back into the saddle! I had the girls home with me and Ron was on shift, so I couldn't really work out at home - they don't really let me work out with out adding more fun to the mix, if you know what I mean. So I decided it was a day for a run.  

Except it was 1,000 degrees by 9:00. lol. Seriously. One of the hottest days so far. Whatever, I just trucked along, sweat pouring down all areas.  Kind of makes me feel better about it. lol

(can you see the bump?! I get a lot of looks when I go running..lol)


Yesterday, I was making my 2013 photo album (yes, I'm a slacker). And I came across THIS picture.


when I saw it, I was like, wow! You looked good, Jen! haha. Yes, I said that to myself. I really don't remember ever thinking that when I was IN that time, but looking back, I was kind of proud of myself. It's those kinds of pictures that I use as my motivation to keep going now, when I'm pregnant. I want it to be that much easier to lose it after Baby C is born.

So, my friends, find whatever keeps you motivated. You'll go through slumps, but you can always come back! And you'll have days that even when you look your best, you'll still feel like a bumpy, mushy. ugly blob. That's ok. We all have those days. But those are the days to make sure you work it out... and maybe even a little more that day. 

Ok, time to get changed and workout for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment