Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Summer Vacation - part 1 2022

Ross Family Road Trip - summer of 2022

This trip is 2 parts...we couldn't decide where we wanted to go: mountains or beach. So, we're going to both. First part is in Cedar Mountain, NC and the next part is over by Cape Hatteras.

This is part 1: Cedar Mountain

Day 1 - What should have taken us 8 hours, took us 10.5 hours with traffic and stopping with the dog. 


We're all loaded and comfy - the girls have their blankets and animals, and I have my comfy joggers


The dog is always excited to go, and the girls LOVE bringing him.


After almost 4 hours, he still had to sit up and look out the window. lol


The girls were pretty self sufficient this trip, so I got a lot of reading done. I downloaded a few books to my Kindle before we left. If I do any driving, I have my audiobooks I listen to. So either way, I get a good amount of reading done on road trips. lol


This was the last happy picture taken of Diesel on the road. After this, he had what we think was an anxiety attack. We've never seen him act like that. It was bizarre. And since he's 80-90 lbs, it was a little difficult to manage, as opposed to when my mom's 10lb dogs have one. But he finally find a tiny hole for himself, which made him feel better and he did okay the rest of the trip. Once we got to the house, he was fine. And he's acting normal again. Poor dog. I have no idea what prompted that from him, though. Maybe we'll need to get him some calming treats for the road back. 


The last leg of the trip was up around a mountain. We kept looking at the GPS and seeing all the hairpin turns. It was so fun. ha! We're definitely FL folk if this excites us. 


Finally got to the house and this is our view. Buried in the mountain, no one around, and it's 64 degrees!!  I could just stay here on the porch the whole time. 


Day 2 - we hiked triple falls. A fun little trail with lots of waterfall stops. Diesel was all about getting in the water.
I actually ran into a former student on the trail too! I mean. How crazy?!?!














Then we went to Caesars head lookout, but really the only thing we could see, were the clouds 😆 the girls were amazed that we were actually IN the clouds.









Then back to the cabin- worked out, finished autumn's puzzle she brought, and reading in my favorite place





Day 3 - this morning we went to brevard and did sliding rock. It cost $5 per person. But it was the best $25 we spent. B didn't want to go because it was cold, but after we went a few times, she finally decided to go and you couldn't get her to stop lol (as always).


The best morning - this view, the sounds of nature, blanket because it's COLD in JULY, and my morning coffee and a book. I could get used to this.










Lunch by the water, then headed to downtown Hendersonville, then out to dinner back by our cabin at the only local restaurant around, the Back Porch.







Today we are packing up and heading east to our next part of the trip - close to Cape Hatteras. I'll be back with part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment