Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday Round-Up

Oh, my goodness.

Well, I'm back to work and so now I'm back to trying to figure out my new routine. 

So, instead of Friday Favorite or Menu Planning Thursday - I'm just going to do a Saturday Round up, combing it all!  So grab your coffee, and come hang out for a while!


Last weekend (hard to believe), we came home from our trip to North Carolina. 

We were heading home and Ron really wanted to stop off at South of the Border. lol Turns out, that SAME DAY  in 2014, we were heading out for our road trip and had stopped at South of the Border. SO...we had to remake some pictures. 

2014

2022

2014 - pregnant with Caroline

2022 - Caroline (and the girls) are a LITTLE bigger now 😭

If you want to see our trip, here's PART 1 in the mountains, and here's PART 2 at the coast





I mentioned I went back to work - well, this week and next week are all new teacher training...new teacher as in "new to Pineapple Cove" training, because they do things A LOT differently than most BPS schools (which is why I switched to BPS)


The biggest difference, so far, that really challenged my brain was the Orthography training. I'm such a phonics nerd, so I LOVE this... but the coding and "script" of what/when/how to say it, that's they mind challenge. But I am excited about it!


What I wasn't excited about? Doing a lesson in front of my peers. lol. I mean, if I was confident in the subject I was teaching, I wouldn't mind, and actually, it wasn't bad once I got up there, because I knew that EVERYONE was nervous and didn't know what they were doing. lol. 


Coming home from work, it's still summer, so I would jump in the pool with the girls to enjoy the outdoors after being inside all day.







This skort is one of my favorites - I have it in a few colors now. 






I've still gotten in my workouts every morning! I think it helps that I woke up early still throughout the summer, because it's not too bad getting up in the morning before work to get it in. 


Granite software n snug hustle shorts...quite possibly my favorites after luxe drawstring hustle shorts...and they're they're sale!!

Gray all star bra Blackberry Twist tank - we don't have this color right now, but we have other colors!


Abstract leggings and all star bra - such a fun set!! So comfy and silky and stretchy... no top seam, but they stay up, especially after you get going and get a little dewy from the sweat.






Maroon seamless hustle shorts. Love these - no seam, but the compression is still there! Comes in a bunch of different colors too. I sized up in the pink ones and they still fit perfectly.
Black luxe muscle tank- one of my favorite tanks for working out and hanging out and daily wearing.





The new hazard tank. 😍 I love this tank. It feels just like the kettlemoon
Yellow metallic lnt strappy


Island pine leggings - it's so hard to capture the beauty of these leggings, but take a look at these other beautiful ladies wearing them. Hendrix bomber - this one is on sale! I really like this one, more than I thought I would, actually. Yellow copper charge tank - one of my favorites 😍


Guysssss!! Have you tried the new XB pilates on beachbody on demand yet??? Holy. Cow. It's like barre blend on steroids 😆 I had to DROP my TWO LB WEIGHTS this morning at one point because it was so dang hard - ha! One day, I'm using my 20 lbs for upper body day, and today I was struggling with 2 lb weights, if that tells you anything. I did the sculpt 1workout. I am definitely incorporating this program into my weekly rotation. I haven't even tried any of the new workouts they've added, but xb is part of the open fit programs that they added. I'll have to give the other ones a shot at some point too







I'm starting to get some new things for my classroom! I'm not getting to much because (A) I have a SO MUCH already (B) I don't know what my classroom will look like yet and if there are any "rules" that we have to follow for lack of decorating. 







And since we're back into the swing of working again, time to stock up on my dry shampoo. lol 





and it's time to make that grocery list! So, here's what's on the menu for next week....
Remember, I have them planned for "days," but I don't always do them on those days. Sometimes I don't even make them in that week - I just circle them on my monthly menu so I know I can add them to the next month's menu. You'll find the links for the recipes below

1. 

1.  Garlic Herb Shrimp Scampi - so light and refreshing. It's one of my favorite recipes. 


2. Sheet Pan Jalapeño Pineapple Shrimp Tacos - (I didn't get to this last week, so I just moved it to this week for our Taco Night) I LOVE a yummy shrimp taco. The girls and I can't handle much heat, so I'll put the jalapeños off to the side for Ron. He loves heat. 


3.  Bacon Chicken Sandwiches - just plop on the grill and add some bacon, lettuce and tomato!

4.  Grilled Chicken and Spicy Corn Salad - again, I'll leave off some of the heat for us girls, but add it on for Ron

5.  Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon - yummm. We love salmon and it seems like garlic is one of my favorite flavors this week. lol



Allllrighty. I think that's it for today! I think I'm all caught up... perhaps. I mean, there's always WAY more going on than what I can/do share, but those are the "highlights" of the week. (not the best of, just the main parts of...I'm not a highlight reel kind of person. I share the good, bad, and ugly!)




No comments:

Post a Comment