Tuesday, January 13, 2015

There are Good Days and Bad Days

Let me preface this entry by saying I love my girls. I really and truly do. They are my sunshine. They make my heart smile and make me laugh all the time.

But, now let me also admit .... I am a selfish person. I am. I know I am. I like being "me."  I like doing things for myself. This is why it is hard (sometimes) for me to stay home with the kids. I want to do things for myself. I want to go for a run. I want to workout or do a project or clean or run errands or cook or bake.  I even like to go to work. Yes, I love teaching, It's part of who I am. (probably why I have a teacher blog too!)  

All this is hard when you have kids...and especially a new baby. 

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE having baby C. She is such a snuggle muffin and most of the time I love to just sit and let her lay with me and sleep or giggle or "talk" (which she's doing a lot of now!). But some days, like yesterday, are hard.  The days where the baby doesn't want to be put down, or won't take a real nap, or just fusses all day. And then I see my husband who gets to come and go as he pleases, tinker with his toys, or whatever he wants....and all I want to do is go for a quick jog but I can't because the baby is having a bad day.  I get a little bitter.

Those days are hard on someone like me... when I just want a little bit of time just to do something for me, even if it's just to take a shower or do some yoga.

But then you go to bed and tomorrow is a new day. And sometimes those new days make all the difference. And that brings me to today. 

Today was a better day. I got to hang out with a happy Baby C, work out, play at the beach, have lunch with friends, paint toenails These are the days that make it all okay. 


(Yes, we're headed to the beach in January)



I know I'm not the only one that has those days. 
I know that there are still days like that even when the kids get older. 
And I know that in a few years I will be begging to go back to when they were my babies.  


Today was a good day....and tomorrow is a new day!



1 comment:

  1. Your honesty is so refreshing! :) I hope you have another good, no, great day! :)

    ReplyDelete