Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Quick Trip to Animal Kingdom

I'm going back to work on Friday. So my last week is kind of like my "Bucket List Week."  One of the things I wanted to do was to go back to Disney during the week.  We still hadn't taken the kids to Animal Kingdom, so I decided that we were going there. 

We did the safari, and the kids loved it. Autumn kept trying to find all the animals on the visual aid. It was so fun to see the animals up close, like the giraffes and the hippos.




I just love this tree!



And we still hadn't been to the Rainforest Cafe, so I wanted to go there for lunch.




When it started thundering inside, Autumn was a little perplexed....had no clue what was going on. lol. It was fun to watch their reactions. And the food was pretty good too!



Then after lunch, we went to see the "It's Tough to be a Bug" show and the "Finding Nemo" musical. They were both super cute. The bug one was pretty quick. It got a little dark in the show, which scared B - with the spiders and bad bugs coming out, but she couldn't look away! Lol. She was sitting on Ron's lap crying but she wouldn't turn her head away. lol.



I needed to feed Caroline, so we found the Dino playground and let the girls run around for a while. They were really diggin' it - ha!



Me and Caroline just hanging out waiting for the girls. (just look at her eyes!)


Finally got a family shot! That's pretty much how Caroline stayed the whole day, unless we were at a show. It's like she knew when we were somewhere with lots of colors and music for her to watch and listen to and she would wake up! 


Since this park closes pretty early (I think, 6:00?), we decided to head to Downtown Disney to walk around. My kids (husband included in that) LOVE Legos, like to the point where an entire corner of our living room is dedicated to housing Legos, so of course we had to stop in the Lego store Downtown.  Each girl got to pick out a "set" to get, and they were happy.


I mean... Autumn might be in Lego Heaven here. lol. 


After dinner, we headed over to the other "toy" store. We didn't get 5 feet in the store and we saw the big "build your own potato head" display. Needless to say, my husband is a big kid and just HAD to get the big Potato Head...the one where you can stuff as much stuff in it and you pay a flat price? Yeah. We were there for like 30 minutes and he was strategically stuffing the bin. lol. Brooklynn was so excited about it. The thing is almost bigger than her! ha!


By that point, it was about 8:00 and it was time to go. Oy! My body was tired of carrying Caroline and my feet were done for the day. It was a nice family day. Glad we got to do it before I went back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment