Monday, June 12, 2023

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!
This weekend was PACKED. You'd think over the summer our weekends wouldn't be so eventful, but if you know me, you know I can't sit still very well. 

Friday morning, I started my morning on the porch, after my workout. Tipsy likes to join me on the porch.


Then I decided it was a day to go paddleboarding. It was so pretty when we got there.


We went to our favorite little island that has a rope swing. Sadly, I think the girls are getting a little too big for it. 


Their bathing suits are their new favorites! And they're on sale right now, too! 



I found what I THOUGHT was a crab moving into his new home, but turns out, there were TWO crabs. Oops! Looks like I interrupted something. ha!

This guy was really friendly. He kept coming out and grabbing onto my finger.

My three (not so) little sunshines. 


Then, a friend asked if we wanted to meet at the part after lunch - so away we went. We played a game of capture the flag and kickball. 

Earlier that morning, Tipsy brought us a treasure she caught outside. It was a mole rat....that was still alive! So when she dropped it, it scurried away and hid under our dishwasher. So I had to pull the dishwasher out. And then I had to lift the dishwasher while Brooklynn used the dust pan to scoot it out. Except it scooted onto my foot. I've never girlie screamed like I did at that moment. haha!!

Ron laughed whole-heartily, watching while sipping his coffee from the other room. lol At least I got to clean under/behind the dishwasher. That's never gotten clean. 


Then Saturday morning, the girls and I went to the beach to celebrate a friend's birthday. Yep, we do beach birthdays around here. 

(They're pretty much living in their new suits, they love them so much lol)

By the way, this is the only way to really eat a cupcake - turn it into a cupcake sandwich!


Later that day, Brooklynn and Caroline decided they wanted to unstack their bunckbeds. I told them that they had to come up with a plan to make sure there was room first. So they got out the tape measure to measure and make a moving plan. (insert evil mom laugh for making them do math in the summer...measurement and addition - check!)


Well, they figured out a way. So they got to cleaning and purging. And on Sunday, Ron and I helped them take apart their beds. 


They did the rest.... and it was cool to see their faces when they saw that their plan actually worked!


Remember the hallway closet project? Well, another fun project that Ron has added to list of thing, is pool plumber! Our pool pump broke the other day. Ron called a pool company to come test the pump and give us a quote of how much to get a new pump and install it. Well, he and I both dropped our jaw at that price. So in true Ron fashion, he watched a bunch of YouTube videos and then decided to buy his own pump and install it himself. 




He ended up getting a Black and Decker from Amazon, because nobody had one in stock and it would take a week to get in. But trusty Amazon got it here the next day. So Ron spent all day Saturday installing it. 

Come Sunday, the pool is almost back to where it's supposed to be! I'm really impressed with Ron's ability/patience to learn all these new trades. 



To finish off the weekend, and the tons of projects that Ron had finished, he had bought a screen at Wal-Mart so we could do movies outside. It's like a drive in movie, but with lawn chairs and pool floats. We could even be IN the pool if we wanted. 


When I posted this picture on Instagram, I had a few questions of what we used. So here you go!


He had four of the speakers, so it was like surround sound. You can see the speaker in the picture with the little green light on the ground by the porch. Ron pretty much has everything Ryobi, because of the interchangeable batteries. 

So that was our weekend, in a nutshell!

Don't forget to take a look at this week's Menu - some yummy recipes for dinners this week!






No comments:

Post a Comment