Sunday, June 4, 2023

Unplanned Closet Remodel

So, last Friday (the last day of school), I was out at our school's End of the Year party and Ron called me to tell me that our hallway pantry just collapsed (it's an overflow pantry, since I buy a lot of items in bulk and stock up during BOGO events). Then he sends me these pictures....


yeah....so that's fun. 


and of course, my workout room always gets the shaft whenever we need to store things. So those were fun mornings to workout - among the clutter, which totally gives me anxiety, which is one of the reasons I workout - to NOT have anxiety haha. 
See the irony??

anyway.. this is KIND of what the closet looked like before.


So we hemmed and hawed and totally couldn't make up our minds on what to do. We had things in our cart at Lowes/Home Depot... took it out, put something else in... took it out and put something else in, only to take that out and leave empty handed. lol 

The girls were actually having a fun time during our shopping, despite what this picture looks like. haha!




FINALLY, we came up with a plan. And it was NOTHING like what we had started with.

So Caroline and I got to caulking and painting...



And Ron put in the baseboards (that were 8 years in the waiting) Just the paint job and baseboards made it look so good already!


Now, Ron is a pefectionist, but he's not a builder (I grew up with my dad being a builder, so I feel bad for Ron - because I'm always like "can't you just....." lol He's like, "No, Jen. I can't just whip this up."

But guys... I'm so impressed with what Ron did! This pantry is so beautiful! And I have so much more room than before! 


That open space on the right is for all of our vacuums lol Yes, we have three vacuums.  A carpet cleaner, a regular vacuum, and a battery one that we can do quick daily vacuums. 


I love it! And now I want to make something else! haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment