Saturday, June 3, 2023

It's Summer Time!

Well, it's summer time, and that means there's time for me to start blogging again!
I miss this little part of my world when school is in session and the kids are going everywhere under the sun during the week, and weekend.

So, here I am again, almost a year later.

We just finished our first week of summer... so let me do a recap, shall I?

Get ready for a photo dump!


So, we ended our school year (first day picture 👆 and last day picture 👇)


and I packed up my classroom... it was a great year back as a teacher! Not sure if I ever explained it on here, but last year, I quit teaching in the middle of the year. It was terribly hard thing to do, but after the emotional and physical toll it was taking on me, I had to give it up. I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my "career" but then a job opportunity presented itself to work at PCCA - so I took a leap of faith. So far, it has been such a great experience and I'm so glad I took that leap!


I'm still getting up early to get in my workout - because that's how I like to start my day. I'm such an early bird and I feel weird if I don't start my day with a workout.


THEN... I get to sit on my front porch with my coffee and watch the sun rise over the lake. It's one of my favorite things about living right where we do. 


So what have we been up to this week?

Well... we've done a project (more on that in another post)


I've done some chores (I'll spare you the pictures of the container after shampooing each room. Oh yes, I did take pictures - because I had to show the girls just how GROSS their rooms were)


But we've also played a lot!


Of course some beach days...



and lots of reading. I feel like Dr. Seuss...
Would you read in a hammock?


Would you read at the beach?


Would you, could you read on the couch?


Would you read in the pool? haha! 


Some lunch time creativity...







I just love to watch their creativity flow...and those beautiful smiles.



And some ice cream at our favorite beachside dive.


We've hit the library a few times, so they decided they wanted to update their library bags. So we went to Michael's and bought some new canvas bags and some puffy paint.




Brooklynn and Caroline have been spending a lot of time donning our sidewalks with some beautiful murals. They'll spend a few hours out there just creating!


We hit up Aquatica one day.


And had picnic lunches on the beach.


Star fishies....


and sea turtle tracks and nests.


Caroline was jumping off the railing hoping to be like Mary Poppins. haha!


We've also tried to spend more time with my grandparents. They just love showing off their great-grandchildren. 


and we spent the morning at a park and ended up having a game of kickball! It was so fun. Our family is slightly competitive, so I love when I get to play against them and their friends. haha


Well, that's kind of our first week in a nutshell. I like to stay busy, so we'll see how long that lasts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment