Thursday, June 30, 2022

Meal Planning {7.4.22} with 4th of July Ideas

Good morning, and happy Thursday! 
It's meal planning time - starting to add to my grocery list of things we run out of and taking a look at our menu for next week.

So here's next week's meals. I have them planned for "days," but I don't always do them on those days. Sometimes I don't even make them in that week - I just circle them on my monthly menu so I know I can add them to the next month's menu. So while it looks like I'm organized, scheduled, and regimented, I'm also pretty go-with-the-flow. Maybe that's part of being a teacher? lol

Each week, I like to have 1 each of:
-chicken
-"taco tuesday" variation
-seafood
-pasta
-sandwich/burger/hoagie

This week, I seem to have a lot of recipes from SkinnyTaste - most of the meals that I make from them end up being really good!


1.  Shrimp & Andouille Sheet Pan Roast - I am a BIG fan of one-pot-wonders, or one-sheet-pan wonders. My husband does the dishes, so he, too, is a big fan of them. lol

2.  Bacon and Bleu Cheese Burgers - take your favorite way to make a burger and just add bacon and blue cheese! Add some purple onion and you have a "red, white and bleu" burger! lol

Creamy summer sweet corn pasta salad - this recipe is a hit everywhere we go! it's so good!!

3. Loaded Nachos - you could honestly make whatever kind of nachos you wanted! But these are the ones that I came across that looked good, so that's what I'm making. 

4. Chili Lime Chicken with Pineapple Rice - this just screams summer dinner to me

5. Bakes Ziti - there are a million and one versions of baked ziti out there, but this is the one that has been in my pile of recipes to try, so I'm going to try it. 

And for the 4th of July desserts!?

I have a few we like to make - 

One is these super cute Burger Cupcakes! We got the idea from somewhere a long time ago, but I don't remember where. It's 1 box of brownies and 1 box of cake mix (you will have more cupcakes than you need, so you could buy another box of brownies if you need more than 8 burgers). We used coconut flakes and frosting and food coloring for the burger toppings. 


Being it so hot out and it's the 4th of July, I actually want to make some kind of Jello dessert though... I saved a few ideas on Pinterest on my Summer Lovin' board. But these are the top contenders!












So that's the menu for this week! I'd love to know if you make any of them and if you like them!



No comments:

Post a Comment