Sunday, June 15, 2014

Blueberry Cobbler Crisp

So, one of my favorite desserts to make is a Cobbler... I don't know why it's so comforting, but it is. Summer, winter, whatever is in season you can use for the fruit.

This is my take on a Blueberry Cobbler Crisp (I add the crisp because I just LOVE the crumbles on top).


There are 2 parts: The Cobbler and the Topping

For the Cobbler, I just use a simple recipe, using Bisquick. ha! See?? simple.

6  tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4  cups Original Bisquick™ mix 
1/2  cup sugar
2/3  cup milk
3  cups fresh blueberries
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Heat oven to 350°F. Pour melted butter into baking dish. (I always use my cast iron pan, but if I need to take it somewhere, I put it in an 8 or 9 inch square pan.)
  • In medium bowl, whisk together Bisquick mix, sugar, and milk; pour over melted butter.
  • Stir lemon zest, lemon juice, and blueberries together.
  • Sprinkle blueberry mix evenly over Bisquick batter. 


For the Crisp, I use a basic streusel recipe

1 cup flour
1/3  cup sugar
1/4  cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or sometimes I trade out for pumpkin pie spice!)
1 stick of cold cut butter (1/4 pound)


For the topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and the butter. Mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it's in big crumbles, then sprinkle evenly over the fruit. 

Bake 42 to 47 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm....and maybe even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! YUMMY!









2 comments:

  1. I saw your pics on Instagram and am so glad that you posted the recipe. We are going blueberry picking this week and I will definitely be making this!
    Jenn @ 2nd Grade Snickerdoodles

    ReplyDelete